American All-Beef Meat Loaf
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small russet potato (4 ounces), peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 medium-size yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all the ingredients except the tomato paste and bay leaf in a medium-size bowl and mix well.
- Pat the mixture into a 1-quart loaf pan or souffle dish.
- Spread the tomato paste over the top and set the bay leaf in the center.
- Place the loaf pan on a trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Pour in 2 cups water.
- Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- With the steam vent pointed away from your face, gently release any remaining pressure.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then serve.