Apple And Honey Scones With Sweet Cinnamon Topping Recipe
- 1/4 tsp Salt, (optional)
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. Margarine
- 2/3 c. Wheat germ
- 1 1/4 c. Apple, peeled, finely minced
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1/4 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. Wheat germ
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Cost: $ -
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Difficulty Level: 3 -
- Servings:makes 10 scones
- Heat oven 400F.
- Lightly spray large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or possibly grease lightly.
- Handle the dough gently, over-mixing scones can make them tough.
- Combine flour, wheat germ, baking pwdr, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in margarine till mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in combined apple, lowfat milk and honey, mixing just till dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; knead gently 5 to 6 times.
- Pat dough into 9-inch circle.
- Mix together topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Cut dough into 10 wedges.
- Place 1/2-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 16 to 18 min or possibly till light golden.