- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almonds slivered
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300F (150C) for 22 to 24 minutes or until lightly browned.