Apple And Celery Soup Recipe
- 1 sm Head of fresh celery
- 2 lrg Cooking apples
- 1 ounce Butter
- 60 fl ounce Stock
- 2 med Onions, peeled and diced Salt and milled pepper Lowfat milk to finish Minced parsley and browned flaked almonds to garnish
- 1 tsp Soft brown sugar
- In a large saucepan sweat off the diced onion in the butter.
- Wash, trim and dice the celery, add in to the onion and continue on a low heat.
- Remove and bruises from the apples and grate them into your pan, discarding the core.
- Cook for a further 10 min before adding the stock, seasoning and sugar beware too much salt if you are using a stock cube.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, lid on, for 30 min - do not over cook or possibly the celery flavour becomes jaded and the colours dull.
- Allow to cold a little before liquidising thoroughly.
- Pass through a large mesh sieve to ensure there are no stringy threads of celery remaining.
- Check seasoning and consistency, adding a little lowfat milk if needed.
- Serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with parsley and the browned almond flakes.