Apple Strudel Muffins Recipe
- 2 c. self-raising flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 x egg
- 2/3 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 med grated apple
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind Topping: 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F, prepare pans.
- Put flour & sugar in bowl, rub in butter till crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 c. of this mix for topping.
- Beat egg, add in lowfat milk.
- Add in dry mix to wet mix till just combined.
- Gently stir in apple & 1 Tbsp rind.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Add in reserved crumb mix to remaining topping ingredients & sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 mins or possibly till done.