Asian Cornish Hens Recipe
- 4 x cornish game hens
- 1/2 lb mushrooms fresh
- 1 c. rice, regular uncooked
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. celery minced
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash hens and pat dry.
- Saute/fry margarine and mushrooms.
- Add in chicken broth and rice.
- Boil and cover; reduce heat and cook 20 min.
- Stuff hens with rice mix.
- Place breast side up.
- Brush with margarine.
- Bake 1 - 1/2 hrs, brushing with margarine every 20 min.
- The last 15 min, in saucepan, put sugar, soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Brush hens with mix and put in oven for 20 min longer.
- NOTES : The glaze on these hens makes the skin crispy and tasty.
- I worked with Terri for many years doing eye and ENT procedures.
- She was an excellent technician and taught me a lot.
- Doctors called us the "A Team".
- Those were fun days.
- It seems I laughed a lot at work then.
- Am I becoming a humorless, old woman