- 1 deep dish pie shell, for double crust pie (9-inch, thawed, not frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh, not frozen)
- 3 cups apples, Diced (NOT GRANNY SMITH, I used 2 Cups Fuji/1Cup Gala)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 14 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil or milk
- Preheat Oven to 425F.
- Place bottom crust of pie into pan and place in oven for about 6-8 minutes.
- While bottom crust is in the oven, in a large mixing bowl, toss apples, sugar, lime juice, and flour and lastly berries until evenly coated.
- Try not to squish most of the berries, but a little squishing is ok.
- Carefully remove bottom crust from oven and pour filling into it.
- Place top crust on pie and crimp edges together; cut 1 inch slits or crosses for vents.
- Brush top crust with a little oil or milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil & place pie back into 425 oven for about 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 F, and continue to bake for about 30-35 minutes longer, or until crust is golden.