"the Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 14 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 14 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 12 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour the butter into your stand mixer's work bowl.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole egg, the egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract in a measuring cup.
- Reduce the mixer speed and slowly add the egg mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Once the flour is worked in, drop the speed to "stir" and add the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough into 1 in balls, and place onto parchment-lined half sheet pans.
- Bake for 9 minutes, (8-11 minutes, times may vary due to ovens and elevations), rotating the pans halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on pan for 2 minutes then move onto a cooling rack and wait at least 5 minutes before devouring, but overnight is better.
- ***Want to really add to this recipe, replace the chocolate chips, with white chocolate chips and add 1/2 cup of chopped macadamia nuts.