- 250 ml Soy sauce
- 250 ml Mirin
- 50 ml Sake
- 5 cm x 10 cm Kombu
- 25 grams Bonito flakes
- Lightly wash and pat dry the konbu.
- Combine the ingredients in a pot.
- Let it sit for two hours, then turn on the heat.
- Bring it to a boil, then simmer on very low heat for 3 minutes.
- Strain and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour into a jar sterilized by boiling water and let cool.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator.
- To use in udon or soba, thin with 6 times the amount of water.
- For use on cold udon, thin with 4 times the amount of water.
- For zaru udon, zaru soba, hiyamugi noodles, or soumen, thin with 2 times the amount of water.