Asian Soba Salad
- 8 ounces Soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 package enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp or other shellfish
- 1/3 cup minced scallion, including green
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a pot of boiling salted water cook the Soba for 5 minutes, or until al dente, drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Toss with oil.
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water add carrots and cook 2 minutes, add snowpeas and bean sprouts and bring water back to boil.
- Drain vegetables and refresh.
- Pat dry.
- Add vegetables to bowl of pasta along with seafood and minced scallion.
- Make the dressing: In blender or processor combine all ingredients and blend until combined well.
- Toss salad with dressing.