Angel Food Cocoa Swirl Cake (Very Low Fat!)
- 34 cup cake flour, sifted
- 12 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 14 cups egg whites
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 34 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift the 3/4 cup flour& 1/2 cup sugar,twice.
- Beat the egg whites& salt,until foamy.
- Sprinkle the cream of tartar,beating until mixture is stiff,but not dry.
- Gradually,add in the 3/4 cup of sugar,then vanilla& almond extracts.
- Add in sifted ingredients,little at a time,carefully.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Sift together 2 TB cake flour+ 2 TB sugar,adding this to one half of batter.
- Sift the 3 TB cocoa+ 2 TB sugar,adding this to the other batter.
- In a ungreased 9 inch tube pan,alternatly add spoonfuls of both batters.
- Bake in alow oven for about a hour.
- Remove cake when cooled.