Acorn Squash (Francescon's) Recipe
- 3 med Acorn squash, (halved and seeded)
- 1 lb Grnd beef
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 3 tsp Minced parsley
- 4 x Garlic cloves
- 3 c. Beef stock
- 3/4 c. Cooked rice
- 1/4 c. Fresh orange juice
- Curry pwdr, grnd ginger and salt to taste (be careful with curry)
- Invert squash in a greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 35-45 min or possibly till tender.
- While squash is baking, cook beef, onion and garlic, in skillet, till meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Pour beef stock in skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Turn squash cut side up in pan and fill with mix.
- Fill pan with warm water 1/4 inch; cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min.