Apple Pepper Jelly Recipe
- 2 c. Water
- 6 ounce Frzn apple juice, thawed
- 1 3/4 ounce Powdered fruit pectin, 1 pk
- 3 3/4 c. Sugar Red pepper, crushed,to taste
- 1/8 tsp Red food coloring
- Stir the water, apple juice concentrate and pectin in a 3-qt saucepan, till the pectin is dissolved.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add in the sugar and red pepper then heat to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and strain.
- Add in the red food color.
- Immediately pour into warm sterilized jars or possibly glasses or possibly freezer containers.
- Cover tightly and cold.
- Chill no longer than 4 weeks or possibly freeze no longer than 2 months.
- Serve with meat.
- Makes 4 half pints of jelly.
- GRAPE JELLY: Substitute 1 can (6 ounce) of frzn grape juice concentrate for the apple juice concentrate.
- Omit the red pepper and food color.
- TANGERINE JELLY: Substitute 1 can (6 ounce) frzn tangerine juice concentrate for the apple juice concentrate.
- Omit red pepper and food color.