"american" Hummus (No Tahini)
- 13 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 34 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 teaspoon cumin
- 12 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 12 teaspoon sea salt
- 14 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained well
- Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans to food processor.
- Cover & pulse until blended.
- Add beans, process until smooth.
- Tips: For creamier hummus, add a little more olive oil.
- For "tangier" hummus, add a little more lemon juice.
- If your food processor won't make it as smooth as you'd like, transfer the hummus to a bowl and gently mix/mash with the back of a spoon.