Apple Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1 x double batch flaky pie dough (see sidebar)
- 3 lb tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 x (12-oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed, liquid removed and picked over
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter Lowfat milk and granulated sugar, for finishing Prepare and refrigerateflaky pie dough.
- To prepare filling: Combine apple wedges and cranberries in large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Toss with fruit in bowl.
- For bottom crust: Lightly flour work surface and dough and roll dough to 12 inch disc.
- Fold dough in half and place in 9 inch Pyrex pie pan.
- Unfold dough and press firmly into pan.
- Trim away excess dough at edge of pan.
- Spread fruit mix proportionately in pie shell.
- For top crust, lightly flour work surface and dough and roll dough to 12 inch disc.
- Place over filling and flute edges of dough.
- Cut vent holes in top of crust.
- Bake on middle rack at 400 degrees about 40 min till crust is well-colored.
- Cold slightly.
- Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.