Apricot Tea Bread (Healthier!)
- 1 12 cups unbleached flour or 1 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces dried apricot halves (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream, without gelatin (8 oz.)
- 12 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 13 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the unbleached or all-purpose flour, sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, snip the apricots into small pieces and drop them into the flour mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Scrape into the well in the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in pecans.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.