Almond Polenta Crumb Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarse polenta
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (1/4 pound) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, polenta, sugar, almonds, lemon zest, and salt until well mixed.
- Add the egg yolks and rum, and process until the mixture looks crumbly, 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and process just until it starts to look as if it would hold together.
- Crumble the mixture evenly into the prepared pan, but do not press it down.
- Sprinkle the top with the confectioners' sugar.
- Bake in the oven until light golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan, and immediately cut the cookie into serving pieces.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.