Apple Beet Salad Southern Style Recipe
- 2 c. shredded or possibly minced apple unpeeled granny smith work well
- 1 can whole beets (15 ounce) liquid removed & shredded or possibly minced Or possibly
- 1 lb cooked beets minced
- 3/4 c. sliced celery
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey lettuce leaves
- 3 Tbsp. minced walnuts toasted
- Combine all ingredients except the lettuce leaves and walnuts, tossing gently.
- Spoon out each serving onto lettuce leaves and sprinkle with walnuts to serve.
- Serving size: 1/2 c.
- NOTES : cakes, cheesecakes, desserts, diabetic