Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless about 4 breasts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium apples tart cooking -- peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Pound chicken to 18 inch thickness.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat apple slices with sugar mixture.
- Divide apple slices among chicken breast halves.
- Fold chicken around apples; secure with toothpicks.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Mix apple cider and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon over chicken.