Apple Pie French *Low Fat* Recipe
- Light & Flaky Pie Crust see recipe of same name
- 1 1/2 c. Thick unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Apple brandy optional
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract Lemon grated rind only
- 3 x Tart apples peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. All-fruit apricot jam
- PREPARE AND BAKE crust according to recipe instructions.
- (See Light & Flaky Pie Crust recipe) Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 2-qt saucepan over med-high heat, simmer applesauce, honey, brandy if you like, vanilla and lemon rind till quite thick, about 10 to 15 min.
- Pour mix into prepared crust.
- Arrange apples in concentric circles on top of sauce.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over med-high heat, heat apricot jam, then press through a sieve.
- Use a pastry brush to glaze apples with jam.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Let cold before slicing.