Al Forno's Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 x -(up to)
- 10 slc (1/4-inch) chocolate bread (can also use any sweet bread-banana, coffee, sponge, angel food, etc.)
- 3 c. Heavy cream
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a shallow six c. casserole or possibly a large long shallow pan.
- Line pan with one layer of bread slices.
- Heat the heavy cream over moderately low heat till warm but not simmering.
- Beat the Large eggs with the sugar till well combined.
- Slowly add in scalded cream and beat till mix thickens.
- Pour custard mix over bread slices.
- Set casserole in a pan of warm water and bake for 45 min.
- Edges should be set and the center should be a bit runny.
- (The custard will continue to cook after it's removed from the oven.)
- Remove casserole from water bath and cold on rack.
- Serve at room temperature or possibly chilled.
- Serves 8.