Anita's Fabulous Southwestern Garden Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package salad greens (8 cups mixed lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 12 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chicken, cooked diced (optional)
- 1 cup raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing (Ken's Steakhouse Lite)
- 13 cup honey
- 1 (8 ounce) package guacamole
- Wash salad greens and place in a large bowl.
- Dice tomatoes and add to salad greens.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the black beans and corn.
- Add both to salad greens.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Mix well.
- I make the salad both with or without the chicken.
- It's fabulous either way.
- Crush the tortilla chips and set aside.
- You add these to the salad immediately before serving so that they stay crisp.
- To make the dressing - get a small bowl and add the Raspberry Vinaigrette, honey and guacamole -- mix well and pour on the salad mixture when ready to serve.
- I came up with this recipe after eating at Chile's Restaurant and ordering their Quesadilla Explosion Salad.
- We absolutely fell in love with it.
- This salad is my version of Chile's Salad -- my family tells me that it's actually better, although I'm not sure that's true, I do believe it's just as good.
- I believe the salad dressing is one of the main ingredients that makes this salad special.
- I buy Ken's Lite Steakhouse Salad dressing (Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette) at Wal-Mart and I also buy the AvoClassic Guacamole at Wal-Mart too.
- You can find it in the produce section, usually next to bagged salad greens and fresh packages of herbs.