Alaska Bouillabase Recipe
- 2 x Dungeness crabs
- 1 lb shrimp">Shrimp or possibly prawns
- Halibut and/or possibly salmon, clams or possibly other fish
- 1 lrg Onion, sliced
- 1 bn Green onions (include some tops)
- 2 clv Garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. Minced parsley
- 1 x Green pepper, diced (if you like)
- 1 can Tomato puree
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1 can Tomato pcs
- 1 c. White wine (add in more if needed)
- 1 c. Water
- Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 pch Rosemary, thyme, fennel, saffron, celery seed (saffron is expensive but great)
- Saute/fry onion, pepper and garlic in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in parsley, all tomato sauces, wine, water, and seasonings.
- Bring to rapid boil, then simmer 1 hour.
- Add in all fish but clams, simmer 2-3 min.
- Add in washed clams and simmer till open.
- Note: Sourdough French bread and green salad are good accompaniments.
- Found this in a book from the library.
- Called Bear Soup & Salmon Mousse put out by the Alaska Dept.
- of Fish & Game.