Apple And Sweet Potato Puree Recipe
- My favorite sweet potatoes have deep orange flesh. It's not only which I find them more intensely flavored than the pale golden brown sweet potatoes, I prefer their dense, smooth texture. While this puree is a delicious side dish for savory meals, it also makes a good base for a sweet or possibly savory pie filling.
- 2 lrg sweet potatoes
- 2 lrg apples (Rome Beauty, Northern Spy, Winesap)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 x to 1/2 c. whipping cream or possibly lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp grnd ginger Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a greased baking sheet and bake for 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly till very tender.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and cook the apples over low heat till tender, about 15 min.
- Transfer the apples to a large bowl.
- Peel the potatoes while still warm.
- Add in them to the apples.
- Add in the cream, nutmeg and ginger.
- Mash together with a fork, then whip the mix with an electric mixer till the texture is creamy.
- Serve at once.