Apple and Watermelon-Radish Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups pea shoots (3 1/2 ounces), cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 medium watermelon radishes (6 ounces), peeled and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 Fuji applecored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the cider vinegar with the mayonnaise, walnut oil and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pea shoots, radishes, apple, walnuts, feta cheese and chives and toss to coat.
- Serve right away.