Aragosta Fredda Algheritana
- 4 1 1/2-pound female lobsters, with their roe
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces bottarga
- Following the directions for aragosta alla brace algheritana (page 243), poach, then wood-roast, the lobsters, whacking them in two and rescuing their precious roe (use the tomalley to scent softened butter and use it to enrich a sauce or as a spread for warm bread).
- After the lobsters have cooled, cover them with plastic wrap and chill them in the refrigerator while you make their sauce.
- In a small bowl, beat the olive oil with the juice and zest of the lemons and the sea salt.
- Beat in the roe, crushing it against the sides of the bowl and into the sauce.
- Cover the sauce and let it rest at room temperature.
- Just before presenting the dish, position the lobsters on one grand plate or on each of four smaller but still ample ones.
- Beat the sauce and spoon it over the lobsters.
- Grate the bottarga over all and present them, then, with a basket of just-toasted bread, a tiny jug of good, green oil, a dish of fine sea salt, a pepper grinder, and a cooled white wine.