Apple Flapjack Crumble
- 2 lbs apples
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 large orange, juice
- 5 ounces porridge oats
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 375F Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and mix with the preserves and orange juice.
- Spread evenly over a buttered ovenproof dish, not too deep.
- Mix the oats, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the butter in small chunks and rub in gently.
- Stir in the sugar and rub in again.
- Drizzle over the syrup, mixing with a knife so it forms small clumps.
- Sprinkle evenly over the apples and bake for 30-35 mins until the juices from the apples start to bubble up.
- Cool for 10 mins, then serve with custard, cream or ice cream.