Alexander Sauce Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 c. minced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. clam juice
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 c. uncooked small shrimp
- 5 ounce white lump crabmeat
- 1 dsh cayenne pepper
- Heat 3 Tbsp.
- of the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add in the onion and cook till soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook about 2 min, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in the clam juice and cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring, about 3 min.
- In another saucepan, heat the remaining 3 Tbsp.
- Add in the shrimp and cook about 2 min.
- Add in the crabmeat and cook about 1 minute.
- Stir into cream mix.