Asian Style Ribs Recipe
- 150 gm Clear honey, (5z)
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 piece lemon grass, finely minced
- 2 1/2 x Cm, (1 inch) piece root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 8 x Chunky or possibly standard pork ribs Sesame seeds, 2 salad onions, sliced diagonally
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, lemon grass, ginger, sesame seeds and seasoning.
- Place the ribs in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade.
- Allow to marinate for 2 hrs.
- Place the ribs under a preheated moderate grill for 30-40 min
- (depending on size), turning occasionally and brushing with the marinade.
- Serve on a bed of rice, sprinkled with the sesame seeds and salad onions.
- NOTES : A delicious traditional marinade for spare ribs.
- Note the marinading time before cooking !