All-is-Calm Hot Chocolate Mix
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks or pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, toasted* and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- milk, half-and-half, or light cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- For mix, in a large bowl combine chocolate chunks or pieces, sugar, cocoa powder, anise seed, and cinnamon.
- Spoon into a container, jar, or self-sealed plastic bag.
- Cover or seal.
- Include the following recipe directions:
- To make 4 servings of hot chocolate, in a medium saucepan combine 2/3 cup cocoa mix and 1/4 cup water .
- Stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in 4 cups milk; heat through, whisking occasionally.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Makes 12 servings total from the mix.