Apricot Angel Brownies
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
- 13 cup unsalted butter (no substitute)
- 12 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 14 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 34 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 14 cup sliced almonds
- 14 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate & butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat & stir in brown sugar, eggs & vanilla until blended, then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt, then stir in chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, combine apricots, almonds & coconut, then stir HALF of this apricot mixture into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, & sprinkle remaining apricot mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pan to wire rack & let cool before slicing.