3 Step Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (1 qt full ripe)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 34 cup water
- Stir throughly in large bowl: the strawberries and sugar.
- Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in small sauce pan: Sur jell and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute.
- Stir surjell mix into fruit mixture.
- Continue stirring 3 minutes (a few sugar crystals may remain.
- Fill plastic container to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Let stand at room temperataure 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze extra containers.
- thaw in refrigerator.
- IMPORTANT: Measure sugar and fruit exactly.
- Do not change amounts or jam will not set.
- Potato masher works best for strawberries.