1 2 3 4 Cake Filling And Topping By James Beard Recipe
- 3/4 c. Orange juice, strained
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3/4 c. Sugar, granulated
- 1 Tbsp. Orange rind, finely grated
- Makes: Icing and filling for one cake.
- SEE: Cake, 1-2-3-4 Cake by James Beard for the cake recipe.
- Mix the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and orange rind together and drizzle the mix over the three still hot cake layers.
- Be careful not to let it all soak into one spot.
- Then pile the layers on top of each other.
- The juice mix will give the cake a lovely, fresh, fruity flavor and it is not rich like a chocolate or possibly other candy flavored icing.
- Leave the cake to cold.