Almond & Rhubarb Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 3 cup Rhubarb (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Lime or lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar or Lakanto
- 250 ml Almond flour
- 125 ml Coconut powder
- 125 ml Coconut sugar or Lakanto
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125 ml Sour cream or unsweetened yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Almond essence
- 125 ml Sliced almonds
- 1 Oil or butter to grease cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease the 21-cm round cake pan with oil or butter.
- Place the sliced rhubarb, lime or lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of sugar into a bowl.
- Mix it up and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients on the list from the almond powder down to the salt, and mix.
- Add the sour cream or yogurt, beaten egg, and almond extract.
- Mix together.
- Add the rhubarb and gently mix it in.
- Transfer the batter to the cake mold and top with almond slices.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooled, remove from the cake pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Infuse with love and gratitude.
- Slice it up and serve with fruits or vegetables.