Abue Quetas (Grandmas) Raw Pineapple Vinegar
- 1/2 whole Pineapple, Skin Washed, Top Cut Off
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- 2 whole Cloves
- Cut the pineapple into big chunks and leave the skin on.
- In a large bowl mix the brown sugar into the water until sugar dissolves.
- Add the pineapple and the sugar water into a glass jar.
- Add the cloves.
- Cover with a cloth and secure with a rubber band.
- Store in a cool, dark place (away from direct sunlight) for 3-4 weeks.
- Stir the pineapple every few days to aerate it and prevent mold from growing on the surface.
- If mold forms on the surface, scoop it out.
- Dont worry, the vinegar is still good.
- Taste the vinegar after 3 weeks.
- If it tastes sour and acidic like vinegar, strain out the pineapple chunks and bottle it.
- If not, let it ferment for another week.
- Repeat until it tastes like vinegar.
- Store in a glass container or bottle in your pantry for up to two months.