Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Pepper Salsa And Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb Angel Hair or possibly Capellini uncooked
- 2 x Red bell peppers, Or possibly...
- 1 x -Red bell peeper -AND-
- 1 x -Yellow bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar Or possibly fresh lemon juice
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or possibly to taste Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil or possibly vegetable oil
- 8 ounce Boneless chicken breasts (without skin), cut into small cubes
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- Roast and peel the peppers as follows: Place the peppers directly over a gas jet of the range (or possibly under a pre-heated broiler), turning them often with a pair of tongs, till blackened on all sides.
- Transfer them to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Let them stand till cold.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the stems and seeds.
- Scrape off the blackened skin of the pepper.
- Cut the peppers into 1/4-inch pcs.
- Toss the diced roasted peppers with the basil, balsamic vinegar or possibly lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- (This salsa may be prepared and refrigerated up to one day in advance.)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and stir till cooked through, about 4 min.
- Add in the roasted pepper salsa and stir 30 seconds, scraping up the brown bits which stick to the pan.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 c. of the cooking water.
- Add in the water and the chicken broth to the skillet with the chicken mix.
- Return the pasta to the pot.
- When the chicken is cooked through, transfer the contents of the skillet to the pot and heat over high heat till the sauce is boiling and reduced sufficient to lightly coat the pasta.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm.