Apple, Endive And Cabrales Salad Recipe
- 3 sm heads Curly endive, preferably frisee
- 3 lrg Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 c. Heavy cream
- 3/4 c. Red wine vinegar
- 3 ounce Cabrales or possibly blue cheese crumbled
- 1/3 c. Walnuts toasted, chop coarse
- 1/2 tsp Coarse salt
- Separate endive leaves and wash well in cool running water.
- Trim and throw away stems, break leaves into bite-sized pcs and pat dry.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Peel and core apples and cut into thin slices.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add in apple slices to cream mix.
- (The apples can now be reserved in the refrigerator for up to 4 hrs.)
- To serve, pour apple and cream mix over endive.
- Toss well to coat.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.