Arugula, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups arugula, washed, dried and coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas, 6-inches in diameter
- 2 ounces reduced-fat goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the oil and onions in a medium skillet and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the arugula.
- Cook until the arugula is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with some of the arugula/onion mixture.
- Crumble some goat cheese on top of each, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and cut each pizza into 4 triangles.