Anne Sale's Lemony Cream Cheese Squares
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 14 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 cup sugar
- 18 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces fresh whipped cream
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, 3 TBS sugar and butter and mix well.
- Press mixture on bottom of lightly greased 8" square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees 6-8 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add salt, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped cream and spoon into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 6 hours.
- Cut into squares and garnish with thinly sliced lemon rounds.