Asian Ribs Recipe
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp five-spice pwdr
- 1 x garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 lb meaty pork spareribs or possibly loin back ribs
- For marinade, combine soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce, vegetable oil, five-spice pwdr, garlic, and pepper.
- Place ribs in plastic bag set into a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over ribs; close bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 4 hrs or possibly overnight, turning bag occasionally to distribute marinade.
- Remove ribs from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place ribs in center of cooking grate.
- Grill 1 to 1 1/2 hrs or possibly till tender, brushing with reserved marinade during the last 20 min of grilling time.
- To serve, cut ribs into 2- or possibly 3-rib portions.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Hoisin sauce adds an intense Asian flavor to a grilled favorite.