Apple Country Chicken
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large apples golden delicious, cored and chopped
- 1 large onions yellow, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth
- 2 cups apple juice or cider
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless skinned
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- Place curry powder in a wide frying pan and stir over medium heat until slightly darker in color (3-4 minutes).
- Add apple, yellow onion, lemon juice, mushrooms, bouillon, and 1 1/2 cup of the apple juice; bring to a boil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; add to pan.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat near bone is no longer pink; cut to test (about 30 minutes).
- Lift chicken from pan; arrange on a warm platter.
- Keep warm.
- Blend flour and remaining 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Gradually add to sauce in pan, stirring; increase heat to high and cook, stirring until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- The sauce also tastes good poured over baked potato or rice.