- 6 large artichokes, trimmed
- boiling salt water
- 6 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 14 cup olive oil
- 13 cup red wine vinegar or 13 cup lemon juice
- 23 cup canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 18 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Vinaigrette Sauce:.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and blend thoroughly with a whisk.
- In a 6-quart pan cook artichokes, uncovered, in boiling salted water 5 minutes; drain.
- Place artichokes in a large pan or roaster so they stand upright.
- Combine onion,vermouth,6 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate leaves of artichokes and fill with vermouth mixture.
- Combine white wine,1/4 cup olive oil, and garlic;pour into bottom of pan.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove artichokes from broth and serve hot or cold with vinaigrette sauce.