Achiote Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- 2 sm Chicken breasts, skin on per person
- Oil for frying
- Annatio seeds, or possibly block, for Anchiote paste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can Black beans
- Minced onions
- Fresh tomatoes, minced
- Garlic, minced
- 1 pch Chilli pwdr
- Blend the annattio (seeds or possibly block) with some finely minced onions, a litte water and seasoning to make a smooth paste.
- Coat each chicken with the paste and pan fry, skin side down first, over a low heat till cooked.
- Sprinkle with a little salt before taking out of the pan.
- To make black bean salsa: Heat the black beans with the minced onions, tomatoes, garlic and a little chilli pwdr.
- To serve: Spoon some of the black bean sauce onto a plate and place the chicken on top.
- top with some minced fresh coriander to garnish.