Acapulco Los Arcos Mexican Rice Recipe
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 2 c. Long-grain white rice
- 2 ounce Lard or possibly chicken fat, or possibly less as needed
- 2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 c. Diced tomatoes
- 1 c. Tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 dsh White pepper
- Saute/fry onion and rice in lard till lightly browned, 6 to 10 min, stirring constantly.
- Turn into baking dish or possibly casserole.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Add in broth mix to rice mix.
- Cover and bake at 350-degrees F for 20 to 30 min or possibly till rice is fluffy.
- Use fork tofluff rice.
- Let set 15 min before serving.
- makes 6 to 8 servings.