Asian Fish 'n Chips
- 3/4 cup Kraft Mayo Calorie-Wise Real Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice Safeway 3 ct For $1.00 thru 02/09
- 1-1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 1-1/2 cups hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups lemon grass, minced
- 1-1/2 cups pickled ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. pepper
- 12 each halibut fillets (5 oz./140 g each), each cut into 5 pieces
- 1-1/2 cups oil
- frozen crinkle-cut potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups green onions, sliced
- Mix mayonnaise, lime juice and sriracha sauce.
- Mix hoisin sauce and vinegar in separate bowl.
- Combine lemon grass, ginger, salt and pepper in shallow pan.
- Dip fish in lemon grass mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each piece.
- Heat oil in skillet on high heat until oil starts to smoke.
- Add fish; cook 1 to 2 min.
- on each side or until fish pieces are golden brown and flake easily with fork.
- Meanwhile, deep fry potatoes as directed on package; drain.
- For each portion, 2 servings: Plate 4 oz.
- (115 g) potatoes; top with 5 fish pieces (140 g).
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp.
- (30 mL) of the mayonnaise mixture and 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the hoisin sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp.
- (30 mL) onions.