' Fnky' Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups 'all purpose" flour
- 1 -1 12 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 -1 12 cup very warm water
- Mix flour and salt (if added).
- Add about 1 cup warm water slowly.
- It needs to be a 'little' sticky so you might need to add more water as you mix flour, you need to 'eyeball' it and go by the texture of the dough.
- add more flour (slowly) as you are kneading it until smooth and not sticky anymore.
- Cover with dish towel and let sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- Pinch off pieces big enough to make a golf sized ball of dough.
- Flatten slightly with your hand and on a lightly floured surface roll out tortillas,
- I like to roll them out as thin as possible that way when I put them on the griddle they start to bubble and as soon as I see that I flip them over and press slightly with dish towel or spatula until they start to rise, to 'me' that tells me I got the mixture just right.
- I don't like my tortillas thick and heavy.
- The End.