Alaska Snow Crab Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb small red-skinned potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. snow crab meat
- 3 x scallions, white part only finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Shredded iceberg lettuce for garnish Sliced seedless cucumber for garnish
- Cut the potatoes, with their skins, in half or possibly quarter them, making roughly 1-inch pcs.
- Put the potatoes in a deep pot.
- Add in cool water to a depth of 2 inches over the potatoes.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, and cook till the potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 15 min.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the crabmeat, scallion, parsley and lemon zest to the potatoes.
- Toss with a fork to combine.
- Fold in the oil and lemon juice to coat the potatoes.
- Season the salad to taste with pepper.
- (Note: Snow crab can be salty.
- But if you wish, season the salad with additional salt to taste when adding the grnd pepper.)
- Serve, mounded on a bed of shredded lettuce, surrounded by sliced cucumbers.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Everyone loves sweet snow crab and everyone likes potatoes.
- This salad pairs them in a fresh salad brightened with lemon zest.
- Serving it in crisp c. of iceberg lettuce to show off its appealing colors.