Abm Hot Pretzels Recipe
- 1 c. Water
- 2 tsp Butter or possibly margarine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 c. All-purpose flour
- 11/2 tsp Yeast
- 4 c. Water
- 5 tsp Baking soda
- Coarse salt (kosher or possibly sea)
- Put first six ingredients in bread machine pan and set for dough cycle.
- Cut dough into 18 strips and roll into ropes.
- Shape into pretzels, cover and let rise 45 min.
- Bring 4 c. water and 5 tsp baking soda almost to a boil in nonaluminum pan.
- Gently place pretzels into water for about a minute, turning once.
- Remove pretzels and place on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and bake at 475 degrees F about 12 min.