Argentinian Stew In A Pumpkin Shell Recipe
- 2 lb Beef stew meat, cut in 1 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 lrg Tomatoes, minced
- 1 lrg Green bell pepper, minced Salt, pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 c. Dry apricots
- 3 x White potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 x Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 c. Beef broth
- 1 med Pumpkin Butter or possibly margarine, melted
- 1/4 c. Dry sherry
- 1 can Whole kernel corn (1 lb), liquid removed
- Trim any excess fat from beef and cook with onion and garlic in oil till meat is browned.
- Add in tomatoes, green pepper, 1 Tbsp.
- salt, 1/2 tsp.
- pepper, sugar, apricots, white potatoes, sweet potatoes and broth.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut top off pumpkin and throw away.
- Scoop out seeds and stringy membrane.
- Brush inside of pumpkin with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir sherry and corn into stew and spoon into pumpkin shell.
- Place shell in shallow pan and bake at 325F 1 hour, or possibly till pumpkin meat is tender.
- Place pumpkin in large bowl and ladle out stew, scooping out some of pumpkin with each stew serving.