Al Forno's Double Chocolate Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 3/4 c. Dutch process cocoa
- 2 tsp Double acting baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 stk butter, softened
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 4 ounce Unsweetened chocolate, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter abd flour a 9 by 5 by 3 inch pan and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking pwdr, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sigar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in the Large eggs, one at a time, beating about 1 minute after each addition.
- Add in the sifted ingredients alternately with the lowfat sour cream and chocolate chunks, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- (The batter will be quite thick.)
- Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min.
- To test, stick a toothpick in the center; bread is ready when toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cold in pan 15 min and remove.
- Makes one loaf.
- (From "Leftovers", page 43).